Auburn University Theatre Collection
This collection includes a scrapbook containing newspaper articles, photographs of productions, programs, and a collection of posters. “Footlights”, the Auburn University’s first stage company, began in 1913 but ceased to exist beyond the First World War. In 1919, the “Auburn Players” revived the university stage company and developed the original social club into the Auburn University Theatre Department which has grown into an integral part of the university with an emphasis on professionalism in instruction and performance.
The original Theatre Department records reside in the University Libraries' Department of Special Collections & Archives.