|Auburn University Digital Library|
|Farming snails 1: Learning about snails; Building a pen; Food and shelter plants|
source ref: fb33fe.htm
|Learning about snails|
75. In the first part of this booklet you have learned many things about snails and farming snails. You have learned
• why it is good to farm snails
• what you need to farm snails
• what kinds of snails you can farm
• how to find plants near you that are good for food and shelter
• what kind of soil and how much water in the soil snails need
• where to keep snails and how many you need to start
76. You may also have been able to learn a lot about snails by watching the wild snails near where you live.
77. An old farmer may have told you what he knows about snails. Someone who gathers snails to sell to others or another snail farmer may have helped you to learn.
78. So, now that you know a lot about snails it is time to decide if you would like to start your own snail farm.
79. If you would like to begin you will learn exactly what to do in the rest of this booklet and in the next booklet.