API Band
Date: 1901 Size: 470x339 pixels
Bandmaster M. Thomas Fullan and the API band posed in 1901 at their favorite concert site, in front of Langdon Hall.  Fullan, Auburn's John Philip Sousa, formed the cadet band in 1896 and led it for about ten years.  He also played cornet and violin in the college orchestra.  Besides having musical talent, the engineering professor has been called a mechanical genius.  He converted a buggy into one of the town's first cars, built a merry-go-round for children, and ground the lens for his own telescope.
Thumbnail   Small Image   Full Image