Constructing Samford Hall
Date: ca. 1888-90 Size: 470x317 pixels
This workman used a wagon, a mule, and two oxen to help move materials used in building Samford Hall in 1888-90.  The man held a separate line to each animal.  Hitching posts were common in Auburn in those days.  At this stage of construction, the building is recognized by its distinctive window trim.  For many years, a white picket fence stood on the College Street side and a white board fence on the Thach Avenue side of Samford Park.
Thumbnail   Small Image   Full Image