Library, ca. 1890
Date: ca. 1890 Size: 470x424 pixels
"A librarian was appointed in 1877, according to the college catalogue of that year.  The library was destroyed along with Old Main in the fire of 1887.  When Samford Hall was built on the same site, the library was placed in it and by 1894 contained some 8,000 volumes."  (From Through the Years: Auburn from 1856 by Malcolm McMillan and Allen Jones)
Thumbnail   Small Image   Full Image