Langdon Hall, ca. 1883
Date: ca. 1883 Size: 368x470 pixels
Langdon Hall looked like a church in this picture, taken several years after it was moved to the campus in 1883.  In fact, it had been built before the Civil War as a chapel of Auburn Masonic Female College.  It originally stood near the present intersection of Gay Street and Magnolia Avenue.  It was named in 1889 for Charles Carter Langdon, who had been mayor of Mobile, Alabama secretary of state, and a trustee of the college from 1872 until his death in 1889.
Thumbnail   Small Image   Full Image