Gov. Pattersnon signs bill to change API into Auburn University
Date: 1959 Size: 358x470 pixels
Governor John Patterson (seated) signed a bill on October 30, 1959, changing the name of the Alabama Polytechnic Institute to Auburn University.  The change became effective on January 1, 1960.  Auburn President Ralph B. Draughon (left) and Trustee Paul S. Haley witnessed the signing.
Thumbnail   Small Image   Full Image