Prof. W. W. Hill & crew move electrical generating equipment
Date: 1916 Size: 470x268 pixels
Professor W.W. Hill (centerfront, wearing cap and white shirt) and his helpers worked in about 1916 to increase the supply of electricity for college and town.  To create the space for new power-plant machinery, they hauled an old engine and generator from the powerhouse behind Langdon Hall to the train station.  They used heavy manila rope, a winch, real horse power, and a wagon with specially built wooden wheels.  In the background are Toomer Drugstore, Burton's Book Store, and other buildings.  Hill, who taught electrical engineering, also had charge of the town water supply.
Thumbnail   Small Image   Full Image